The quality of care and education is of the utmost importance to us, and therefore we implement a rigorous process to ensure that our staff members are appropriately qualified. Their qualifications and references are validated, DBS checks performed along with an assessment of their ability. Staff performance meetings are carried out regularly, to help staff develop their skills and to discuss new processes that can be introduced to enhance each child’s care and learning.
Each child will be allocated a key person throughout their time at Little Pebbles. The key person will be in charge of understanding your unique child and their development. They will ensure a smooth transition occurs for each child when they move from one room to another. They will also liaise with parents on a regular basis and update them on the child’s development.
All our staff:
- Are friendly and approachable
- Hold a current and valid Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS); this helps us make safer recruitment decisions and prevent unsuitable people from working with us. DBS is an executive non-departmental public body, sponsored by the Home Office.
- Hold or are working towards holding a valid Paediatric First Aid Certificate
- Receive regular training sessions to ensure they are complying with the latest updates
- Are trained in the prevent duty and safeguarding and child protection procedures